Table of Contents for U.S. History Learning Guides and Lesson Plans from Movies and Film
Full-Length Movies — Short Subjects — Movie Clips — Film Clips — Video Clips — Snippets
- 1629 – 1750: The Colonial Period
- 1750 – 1812: Creating the Nation
- The Frontier and the West
- 1812 – 1860: Manifest Destiny and Prelude to the Civil War
- 1860 – 1865: The Civil War
- 1865 – 1913: Reconstruction and the Beginning of the Age of Invention
- 1913 – 1929: WWI and the Roaring 20s
- 1929 – 1941: The Great Depression and the Clouds of War
- 1940 – 1945: WWII
- 1945 – 1991: The Cold War, Korea, and Vietnam; The Civil Rights Movement
- 1991 – present
In Civics and American Government: CITIZEN PARTICIPATION IN THE 21ST CENTURY; U.S./Politics & California; SEL: Caring for Animals; Moral-Ethical Emphasis: Citizenship) [13+]
Rethinking the Southern Home Front in the Civil War
(U.S. 1860 – 1991, The Diversity/African-American Experience and the Civil Rights Movement, and Mississippi; SEL: Rebellion; Ethical Emphasis: Citizenship) [14+]
(Literature/U.S. & Literary Devices: Theme, Symbol, Irony; Religions/Judaism; U.S.: 1941 – 1945 & New York; SEL Parenting; Father/Son; Friendship; Breaking Out; Moral-Ethical Emphasis: Respect; Caring) [10+]
Short Subject World/India, Poland, Denmark, Chile, South Africa; 1800s – the Present; U.S./1945 – the Present; Civil Rights Movement, Tennessee
[12+; Six sections, each between 20 and 30 minutes in length]
TeachWithMovies.org Learning Guides are ideal lesson plan makers for teachers of U.S. history. Each Learning Guide contains sections on Helpful Background, Benefits of the Movie, Possible Problems, Discussion Questions, and Assignments. They are designed to allow you to quickly create great U.S. history lesson plans.
The film clips and short subjects used in Snippet Lesson Plans are less than 40 minutes in length and are ideal for classroom use.
Movies make the events they portray come alive. TeachWithMovies.org helps teachers and parents make U.S. history vivid and personal for children.